Green smoothies and juices made from vegetables and fruits are particularly famous for detox and boosting immunity levels. Green vegetables and fruits are very important for health, but a lot of people don’t eat enough green vegetables or fruits. That is why different companies have introduced greens powder. This green powder is a food supplement and can be used in any food or drink. These are made to reach your daily intake of green vegetables. Usually, they are made in water, but you can try in other drinks too or sprinkle it on your omelet. These green powder supplements come in the shade of green. Some can be darker while some are light in color. Their taste is most likely grassy, but they add sugar substitute and food flavors to make it most tasteful. Here are a few things that you must know about superfood green powder. Have a look:
- Ingredients in every green powder can vary: The green powder is not made of one particular vegetable or fruit, but it is a mixture of some vegetables, fruits, herbs, and other things. Usually, every brand of green powder has 20 to 40 ingredients. The most common are given below:
- Leafy green ingredients: Normally, brands use spinach, kale, collards, parsley as a common leafy green ingredient of organic green powder.
- Vegetables: Vegetables are an essential part of green powders. Usually, broccoli, beets, carrots, tomatoes, and green cabbage are common choices.
- Grass: Different types of grass are used in green powder like barley grass, wheat grass, oat grass, alfalfa grass, etc.
- Herbs: Holy basil, astragalus, echinacea, or milk thistle can be used as herbs.
- Seaweed: Another common ingredient is seaweed. Spirulina, chlorella, dulse, or kelp is used in it.
- High-antioxidant fruits: To make a healthy drink, antioxidants are necessary, so blueberries, raspberries, goji, and acai berries are awesome choices for green powder.
- Nutritional extracts: Different sort of extracts are used to make a flavor. So, green tea extract, grape seed extract, and ginkgo biloba extract is what used by many green powder makers.
- Probiotics: Got to keep it healthy for the gut that is why Lactobacillus rhamnosus, L. acidophilus, Bifidobacterium lactis is used.
- Plant-based digestive enzymes: Probiotics are not the only one, but pharmacies use plant-based digestive enzymes as well. Amylase, cellulase, lipase, papain, and protease are all types of plant-based enzymes.
- Extra fiber: Rice bran, inulin, and apple fiber are used as extra fiber in green powder.
- Mushrooms: Maitake mushroom extract or shiitake mushroom extract is also an ingredient of green powder.
- Natural sugar substitutes: To make superfood powder a little sweet, stevia leaf extract or monk fruit extract are used as a natural sugar substitute.
- Nutrition of each ingredient can vary: The nutrition value of every green powder can be different because each company has its own research and motives. They are all healthy with multivitamins and minerals, but they can’t be the substitute for real vitamins you get from food. Though some of these green powders can be a substitute for meals because they are low in calories, which is great for a healthy diet. When mixed with water, they may add a few calories too.
- Boost energy levels: These superfood green powders are abundant with vitamins and minerals which is why a person can feel a little active and energetic. They are worth having if you want to make a routine for yourself.
- Great for detox: A well-known fact of green powders is that when you drink them, they detox your body. It is proven by many studies as well.
Generation Organic Greens Powder: This is a new superfood green powder in the market which has really got great reviews so far. It has more than 30 ingredients and you can take 1 spoon or 10 grams at least on a daily basis. It is filled with antioxidants, enzymes, probiotics, and rich in fiber which is why this is great for your digestive system. This has 30 serving and most likely to last for the whole month if you use regularly. It is a great source of energy as well. It is highly recommended for people who are health conscious.